Our Child and Adolescent Service provides psychological therapies for children and adolescents aged 0-18. We can provide support for a wide range of issues:
- Behavioural problems: in childhood and in those difficult teenage years
- Anxiety: including OCD, phobias, panic attacks, social anxiety
- Low mood and depression
- Performance related fears: be it preparing for exams, anxiety about academic performance or sports performance
- Trauma/ PTSD
- Support coping with life events: such as parental separation, illness, bereavement
- Low self esteem and shyness
- Support coping with the challenges of social media or peer relationships
If you have a difficulty not listed above, please contact us we may be able to help or can point you in the right direction.
We work with parents, helping you understand your child’s difficulties. We will provide a psychological formulation explaining how your child has developed their difficulties and how they are being maintained. Having worked in children services for many years, we are able to balance the young persons desire for confidentially with parents desire for help and guidance on how to support their child. Where possible, we encourage young people to work with their parents.
We are happy to liaise with school and offer consultation.